We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide at www.remi.edu.in, the website owned by the Real Estate Management Institute (REMI). This statement tells you about the information REMI collects, how it uses the information, and how you can control the information you provide.
Other websites affiliated with REMI for delivery of products and services maintain their own privacy policies.
We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfil your requests, learn about our visitors, and maintain our membership and customer records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, firm affiliations and titles);
- Tracking information each time you visit our site, use our online store, or access links in our electronic communication; and
- Information you volunteer, via applications, profiles, surveys, or purchase forms (for example, education, designations, specialties, property types, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
We use this information to:
- Publish our online membership directory;
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our site and other communication tools, such as newsletters and blogs;
- Notify you of updates to our site;
- Notify you of relevant products and services;
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs;
- Track usage of our site
- Trade or sell access to third parties through list services; and
- Assist local REMI chapters in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
REMI does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses to third parties, except:
- to partners participating in the REMI Affinity Partner program or Industry Partner Program, provided such information is part of the negotiated contract;
- to coalitions formed for the advancement of industry interests in regulatory or legislative activity;
- to exhibitors and sponsors of nationally sponsored meetings and conferences; or
- When required by law or valid legal process.
Members –When you log in to the REMI website with your username and password, you may do the following by linking on my REMI:
- You may edit your member directory and mailing information directly.
- You may choose to exclude your phone number, your fax number, your e-mail address, or your entire member record from the REMI online member directory.
- You may opt to have your fax, phone number, e-mail or entire record removed from REMI’s lists for distribution to third parties.
- E-mail opt out for all users (members and non-members):
- You may opt to have your e-mail address removed from all lists including communications from REMI and third parties.
We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services are encrypted and will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
You may contact REMI Headquarters at 1-800-22-7364 during business hours with questions or requests relating to this policy.