The end of the year typically marks the start of the review or appraisal process for all employees. Appraisals should be conducted in a way that fosters a constructive dialogue and provides a forum that enhances the professional development of the team member. Appraisals are a great time to reflect on the accomplishments of the team member over the last year versus their annual goals and set clear goals/targets (both personal and professional to ensure work-life balance) for the coming year. It is essential that both parties, the manager/team leader and the team member come prepared for the appraisal so as to have a meaningful discussion.
Objectives of the Performance Appraisal meeting
- To review and reflect on the accomplishments of the employee over the last year versus their annual goals
- To give meaningful and constructive feedback to the employee on their performance
- To work with the employee to establish new targets and goals for the coming year
- To discuss the employee’s career growth trajectory and highlight any additional skills/training that the employee should undergo in the coming year
- To address any questions/feedback/concerns that the employee may have with respect to their role/the organization
- Encourage a two-way dialogue to enhance the professional development of team members
The Typical Appraisal Process
A standard appraisal process comprises the following steps:
- A Self-Appraisal
- Team Leader/Manager Rating and Review
- A one: one appraisal meeting
As a good manager or team leader, however, it is essential that you provide ongoing feedback to your team rather than wait for the annual appraisal cycle.
REMI is a leading institute that provides certification programs, executive courses and customized training workshops specially designed for the Real Estate Industry. REMI offers an international curriculum that trains students and professionals in global best practices through its collaboration with IREM®, USA.
REMI is the Preferred Education Partner of CREDAI-MCHI
For more details visit https://www.remi.edu.in